The results and achievements of Russia in 2017 year through internal respitatory 2017 showed that, despite hybrid war of the West against Russia, and subversive activities of the fifth column, we have managed not just to survive another year, but to make the next step on the way to revival of Russia…
The results and achievements of Russia in 2017 through the development
The Author – Oleg Matveychev
Top 5 achievements
1. Russia overcame the crisis and entered the stage of sustainable development
2. Improving the quality of life of the common man
3. Russia implements breakthrough infrastructure projects, attracting huge investments
4. The youth becomes the driving force of Russia’s development
5. Russia successfully prepared for the world Cup 2018
Top 10 events
1. Every citizen of the Russian Federation have a right for free to “far Eastern hectare” and participate in the exploration and development of the territories of the Far East (1 February)
2. At the end of the XXI St. Petersburg international economic forum, was signed about 400 agreements, and their total amount was fabulous – 2 trillion roubles (1-3 June)
3 . Vladimir Putin gave a start to connecting shallow and deep parts of the “Turkish stream” (June 23)
4. The holding in Russia of the FIFA confederations Cup 2017 (June 17 – July 2)
5. Started a program of renovation in Moscow – the demolition of obsolete housing: the unprecedented scale of the resettlement program of the buildings will affect 4.5 thousand houses with total area of 25 million square meters, which are home to 1.6 million people. (July 1)
6. Started all-Russian competition of managers “Leaders of Russia“, which will assume control of the country in various fields after 2024 (October 12)
7. Russia hosted the XIX world festival of youth and students in Sochi (14 – 22 October)
8. Crimean bridge across the Kerch Strait connecting the coast of the Crimea and Taman (December 20)
9. Completion of commissioning of all the 12 stadiums of the FIFA world Cup 2018 in the Russian regions. Russia successfully preparations for the world Cup 2018 (25-29 Dec)
10. Until the end of 2017 is planned the construction of more than 1.3 thousand kilometers (around 2158 km) the main gas pipeline “Power of Siberia” – the most ambitious Russian project.
The results of the year as a whole
The quality of life of people
• Achieved a record in the history of Russia, the life expectancy is 72.6 years.
• Increased real incomes and real wages (it is the end of the year has grown by 3% in nominal terms by 7%)
• Russia has more children. Their share in the population was a record in 15 years – 18.3 percent
• Russia introduced more than 75 million square meters of housing
• Issued more than 1 million mortgage loans worth about $ 2 trillion. Rubles (+30%)
• Russian box office movie in 2017 was a record and reached 12 billion rubles
• Russia’s economy has emerged from recession. Gross domestic product will amount to 2%
• A stable exchange rate. The ruble became less dependent on fluctuations in oil prices.
• The rate of inflation for the year will be a record low of 2.5% (this is an absolute achievement for the post-Soviet era)
• Achievements in the macroeconomic indicators: investment in fixed capital grew by more than 4%
• Foreign direct investment in the Russian economy has doubled to 23 billion dollars. Best indicator for 4 years.
• The progress in import substitution. In the field of machine tools and capital goods imports fell from 90% to 70%
• Import substitution in strategically important oil and gas sector: over 3 years the share of imports fell from 60 % to 52 %
• Turn to the East. China, Japan and India increased direct investment by 25%
• The total gas production in Russia reached a historical record of 690 billion cubic meters, and exports (more than 190 billion)
• Record supply of Gazprom. Gazprom’s share in the foreign market will exceed 33%
• Oil reserves increased by 1 billion tons (record for 7 years)
• 766 industrial project in final stages of development
• For seven months of metallurgy grew by 11%
• Agriculture +24%
• Shipbuilding +34%
• Freight wagons +66%
• Passenger cars 82%
• Diesel + 31%
• Russia remains the world leader in the export of wheat. For the first time since the Soviet Union collected 127 million tonnes of grain, shipped abroad a record 30 million tons of wheat (+11%)
• Exports of agricultural raw materials and food for $ 20 billion
• In Moscow the reconstruction of the Grand sports arena “Luzhniki”, was opened the Park “Zaryadye”, and launched a program of renovation.
• Moscow metro transported more than 2 billion people
• From conveyors of the Russian enterprises fell to about 1.5 million vehicles.
The growth of sales of cars by 15%. Production growth of 22%. At the end of October produced 1.1 million cars. Export growth by 28%
• Freight turnover of Russian seaports increased by 10%
Operators of sea terminals of the Arctic basin +50%. Loads on SMP 8 million tons.
• Record flights. Russian civil aviation carried about 100 million passengers, surpassing the record of the post-Soviet period
• Russian Railways has provided a record in recent history of Russia’s turnover, which amounted to 1.25 billion tons of freight
• Russia broke the record of the Soviet Union, moved by NSR 8 million tons of cargo
• Cargo transportation by Railways amounted to more than 1.15 billion people – the highest figure for the last 8 years
• The Russian students won 38 medals at international Olympiads in 2017
• Ten universities of Russia entered the top 50 ranking of the best universities of the BRICS countries (according to the British company QS, this is the best result Russia for all history of rating)
The main events
• 2017 has been declared the Year of ecology in the Russian Federation in order to attract attention of society to issues of environmental development of Russia, preservation of biological diversity and ensure environmental security
• Vladimir Putin gave the start of the gas pipeline Bovanenkovo – Ukhta-2 and oil pipeline Zapolyarye – Purpe and Kuyumba – Taishet (January 18)
• Beginning of flight tests of multipurpose light fighter “MiG-35” (26 January)
• Each citizen of the Russian Federation can obtain a free “far Eastern hectare” and participate in the exploration and development of the territories of the Far East (1 February)
• During the work of the Russian investment forum in Sochi was signed by 377 agreements and protocols of intent totaling 490,3 billion (27-28 February)
• The triumphal performance of the Russian team at the XXVIII world winter Universiade in Kazakhstan (from 29 January to 8 February)
• Beginning of construction of the plant with the BREST-300 reactor (the “project Breakthrough”), Seversk, Tomsk region pilot demonstration power complex with a fundamentally new reactor installation BREST-300, which will operate at substantially closed-loop with the regeneration and production of nuclear fuel in the immediate vicinity.
• The President launched exploratory drilling of the northernmost in the Russian Arctic shelf wells Central Olginskaya – 1 (April 3)
• The world’s first quantum blockchain created by physicists from Russia. A system of distributed data storage. It is protected with quantum cryptography. Developed by Russian physicists, headed by Alexey Fedorov blockchain has been tested on the offices of Gazprombank in Moscow.
• Non-participation of Russia in the Ukrainian Eurovision song contest (9-13 may)
• The Russian government decided to index the salaries of state employees not covered by the “may decrees” (may 24)
• The government has completed 165 of the orders of the President of the Russian Federation of the 218 “may orders” (91,7%) (may 24)
• Vladimir Putin signed a Decree “On declaring in the Russian Federation the Decade of childhood” (may 29)
• New Russian passenger plane MS-21, made its first test flight (may 28)
• Surveillance drones for crops. Startup of the students of Tomsk University of control systems and Radioelectronics. They have developed a system of monitoring the cultivation of oats and wheat. The analysis is carried out using images from a drone (unmanned aerial vehicle).
• At the end of the XXI St. Petersburg international economic forum, which was attended by 14 thousand people from 143 countries have signed nearly 400 agreements, and their total amount was fabulous – 2 trillion rubles (June 1-3)
• Vladimir Putin gave a start to connecting shallow and deep parts of the “Turkish stream” (June 23)
• The Russian students were winners of the International championship of higher educational institutions on programming, “International Collegiate Programming Contest – 2017”
• Conducting in Russia of the FIFA confederations Cup 2017 (June 17 – July 2)
• Method of treatment of phantom pain. Russian students have created a special program-application Phantom MD that is installed on the smartphone and with the help of virtual reality glasses help people who have lost limbs to stop feeling phantom limb pain.
• Launched a program of renovation in Moscow – the demolition of obsolete housing: the unprecedented scale of the resettlement program of the buildings will affect 4.5 thousand houses with total area of 25 million square meters, which are home to 1.6 million people. The implementation of the renovation program will improve the living conditions of more than 10% of Muscovites (July 1)
• Vladimir Putin visited Germany (Hamburg) to participate in the summit “group of twenty”, which addressed the issues of development of the digital economy (July 7-8)
• Was the transfer of the latest Russian Corvette 20380 “Perfect” part of the Pacific fleet of the Russian Navy (20 July)
• Testing flying taxi. The aircraft presented at the exhibition, can rise into the air with a load up to 120 kg and sit on the Park, designed for conventional cars. Possible both unmanned and manned flights. Was presented at the MAKS-2017 in Zhukovsky (21 IULA)
• Vladimir Putin gave the command to fill the Foundation under the construction of the complex of the Amur gas processing plant (August 3)
• Vladimir Putin took part in the ceremony of commissioning of the three units of Nizhne-Bureiskaya hydroelectric power station (August 3)
• Opened a solar power plant “factory” in the Astrakhan region (September 7)
• In Nizhny Novgorod, launched a new bridge parallel to the Volga (August 8)
• In Russia, has opened 76 new schools (September 1)
• At the shipyard “Zvezda”, Russian President Vladimir Putin took part in the groundbreaking ceremony of multipurpose supply vessels with ice class “Vladimir Monomakh”, “Alexander Nevsky”, “Catherine the Great” and “Holy Mary”, which will be built here by the order of the company “Rosneft” (September 8)
• Double-reactor nuclear icebreaker of project 22220 (LK-60) “Siberia” – “the King of the Arctic” – launched for further construction. The Russian Federation consolidates its tactical and strategic dominance in the Arctic. Such machines in the Arctic, and their competitors will not be soon (September 22)
• In Russia began centrally procured drugs against socially significant diseases: HIV, hepatitis and tuberculosis. According to the health Ministry, with this achieved a significant reduction in the average cost of treating one HIV-infected patient (from 160 thousand to 84 thousand rubles), which increased treatment coverage from 39.5% to 46%, according to data for January-September of 2017.
• Launched all-Russian competition of managers “Leaders of Russia”, which will assume control of the country in various fields after 2024 (October 12)
• In Russia, took place the XIX world festival of youth and students in Sochi (14 – 22 October)
• National team WorldSkills Russia took first place in the team standings on points during the 44th world championship WorldSkills 2017 in Abu Dhabi (UAE)
• Opened a new bridge across the Kama river in the Udmurt Republic (November 7)
• Vladimir Putin took part in the 25th summit of the forum “Asia-Pacific economic cooperation” (APEC) in da Nang (Vietnam), where they discussed issues of expansion of cooperation in the field of digital economy (November 10-11)
• Aluminum back in the wire. After almost 20 years since the ban, the Ministry of energy of the Russian Federation has permitted the use of aluminum alloys in electrical wiring of buildings, which will reduce the cost of construction of real estate (13 Nov)
• The Russian government has allocated in 2017 to improve the quality of the urban environment in the framework of the national project “housing and the urban environment” 20 billion (November 21)
• Grants of the President of the Russian Federation in the amount of 6.6 billion rubles received more than 3 thousand public associations (November 22)
In just 2017. grants for grants of President of Russian Federation for civil society development 3 213 winners, which is more than twice the number of winners of all the competitions in 2016 in all printoperation (1 581 the winner). The total amount distributed for grants 2017 is 6 653,8 mln. In total, 2017 was submitted on 16 166 projects from 10 407 non-profit organizations.
• The opening of the new airport of Rostov-on-don “Platov”, named after the famous ataman of the don Cossack army. This is one of the most ambitious construction projects in 2017 in Russia and the largest infrastructure project in the Rostov region (27 Nov)
• The 10th anniversary of the state Corporation “Rosatom” (December 1)
• Russia’s international reserves increased to 431 billion dollars that became the maximum in 2014 (December 1)
• The 10th anniversary of the state Corporation “rostec” (December 7)
• Russia launched ahead of passenger trains to bypass Ukraine. The length of the line is 122,5 kilometers (10 Dec)
• The state Corporation “Rosatom” has started the construction of NPP “Akkuyu” in Turkey (December 10)
• Vladimir Putin launched the first phase of the plant “Yamal LNG”. A project for the extraction, liquefaction and supply of natural gas on the Yamal Peninsula aimed at solving the enormous problems of development of the Arctic and the Northern sea route (December 8)
• Russia has successfully concluded its participation in the antiterrorist operation in Syria at the request of the Syrian authorities. Russian weapons have been successfully tested in Beulah conditions and has shown its high technical level, which helped to expand markets in Turkey and Saudi Arabia (11 December)
• In the presence of presidents of Russia and Egypt signed certificates about the entry into force of the contract for construction of NPP “El Dub” (December 11)
• Crimean bridge across the Kerch Strait connecting the coast of the Crimea and Taman (December 20)
• Beginning of experimental-industrial operation of the 4th unit of Rostov nuclear power plant 1070МВт. (22 Dec)
• Completion of commissioning of all the 12 stadiums of the FIFA world Cup 2018 in the Russian regions. Russia successfully preparations for the world Cup 2018 (25-29 Dec)
• Until the end of 2017 is planned the construction of more than 1.3 thousand kilometers (around 2158 km) the main gas pipeline “Power of Siberia” – the most ambitious Russian project.
The largest gas transmission system in Eastern Russia (convey gas from the Irkutsk and Yakutia gas production centers to the Russian consumers in the far East and China
• In Russia, is expected commissioning of 170 new buildings of secondary schools (end of December)
The recovery from the recession
The main event in 2017 for Russia was the growth of the economy and improvement of life. This was stated by President Vladimir Putin during the communication with the railroad at the station Moscow-Kiev. “It is very important that our economy is out of recession and entered a stage of steady development and growth,” the President said. According to him, depends on everything else – social services, the income level of citizens, defense and security. Putin said that economic growth had a direct impact on the incomes, which increased by 3%. “This economic growth is gradually beginning to affect real income. I think this is the main” – said the head of state. The fact that not all Russians, this growth is noticeable, Putin explained the difference in the economic situation of the regions.
The growth of the economy
Vladimir Putin: “we Have GDP growth this year is 1.6%, growth of industrial production was also 1.6 percent. Very good growth rate showed the auto industry, chemical industry, pharmacy and agriculture, of course. We came in first place in the world in the export volume of grain exports, this is a brilliant performance”. The President added: the growth of the economy is based on the fact that she broke two shock: a sharp drop in energy prices and the imposition of sanctions.
Foreign direct investment has doubled
Foreign direct investment in the Russian economy in 2017 has doubled and amounted to 23 billion dollars. This was stated by Russian President Vladimir Putin during a big press conference.
“We have this year at this point in time, foreign direct investment reached $ 23 billion. It’s 2 times more than last year. And the best indicator over the previous four years,” – said the head of state.
Earlier the Minister of economic development Maxim Oreshkin reported that foreign direct investment in Russia in the first half of 2017 reached $ 14 billion.
In 2017, the attitude of foreign investors towards our country has become more positive. This fact was stated by the head of the Russian direct investment Fund Kirill Dmitriev, who in June of 2017, said that “everyone can see that Russia’s economy has withstood the crisis. Everyone understands that oil prices are stable and positive for us.”
Inflation in Russia by the end of 2017 will be 2.4-2.6%, in the future, as the exhaustion of the temporary factors (food inflation and the strengthening of the rouble), inflation during the year will increase, approaching the level of 4%. This is stated in the report of the Bank of Russia on monetary policy.
“According to the Bank of Russia, at the end of 2017, inflation will be 2.4 to 2.6%… Low level of inflationary pressure in the economy, in addition to the temporary factors also contributed to keeping consumer and credit activity and the continuing decline in inflation expectations, the modalities of which were formed including the implementation of a consistent moderately tight monetary policy”, – stated in the document.
The Bank of Russia has improved its expectations for Russian economic growth and the level of oil prices for the next year. Now, according to the Central Bank, these figures will be almost no worse than the current. More optimistic expectations for 2018, along with the still record low inflation has enabled the regulator to lower the key rate not by 0.25, and by 0.5 percentage points. This step came as a complete surprise to the market.
Achievements of Russia in 2017: the economy
Quiet the power of Russia. Why panicked the West. Video about the geopolitical results of the year
Top our discoveries, 2017: fighting seals, the eternal road, etc
A more detailed and diverse information about the events occurring in Russia, Ukraine and other countries of our beautiful planet, you can get on the Internet-Conferences, ongoing online “Keys of knowledge”. All of the Conference – open and absolutely free. We invite all interested in waking up and…