Dorothea Wierer / photo – Getty Images
In the Finnish Kontiolahti ended the women’s pursuit race, which is the last race of this season, the biathlon world Cup.
The winner of the race was French Julia Simon (30:43.5), who finished with two penalties and a lead of almost 18 seconds from the nearest rival. The last silver of the season took a representative of the Swiss Selina Gasparin (31:00.8). The three of leaders was closed by the Italian Lisa Vittozzi with a score of 31:04.4.
Ukrainian biathletes were outside the top 20. The best was Anastasia Merkushyna, who finished 24th (32:27.0) having 3 misses in liabilities.
The winner of this season was the Italian Dorothea Wierer, which in this race finished 11th (31:41.3). However, even this result was enough to leave no chance of Tiril Eckhoff for the Big crystal globe.
1. Julia Simon (France) (0+1+1+0) 30:43,5
2. Selina Gasparin (Switzerland) (1+2+1+0) +17,3
3. Lisa Vittozzi (Italy) (1+1+1+1) +20,9
24. Anastasiya Merkushyna (Ukraine) (1+0+1+1) +1:53,5
30. Valya Semerenko (Ukraine) (1+2+3+0) +2:16,4
35. Vita Semerenko (Ukraine) (0+1+2+1) +2:45,8
DNS Julia Jim (Ukraine)
DNS Olena Pidhrushna (Ukraine)
Recall that Johannes boe snatched BHG from Martin Fourcade.