The body’s resistance against viruses and infections depends on the activity of the immune system. PHOTO: brodynd.com
The vulnerability of the organism to viruses and infections depends on the strength of the immune system. If he is not weakened, the chances of catching the disease is minimal. Otherwise the least contact with the virus can lead to infection.
To improve the immune system will help proper nutrition. A list of useful products that must be present in the diet during the season of colds and flu, has filed a resource verywellfamily.com
1. Chocolate. Cocoa is a powerful source of antioxidants. It includes almost everything needed for healthy food elements: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium. This product promotes strengthening of protective forces of an organism and improve metabolism. Also tones and helps to fight stress, which can weaken the immune system. As part of chocolate, cocoa makes a useful and. The higher the percentage of cocoa the better.
2. Mushrooms. Include vitamins and minerals that help to strengthen the immune system. Some species of mushrooms have antiviral and antibacterial effect.
3. Yogurt. Probiotics in yogurts, protect the gastrointestinal tract against pathogenic bacteria. However, also help in the overall strengthening of the body, making it less vulnerable to infections.
The most useful is Greek yogurt. In its composition, much less sugar and more protein and calcium.
4. Persimmon. Persimmons are rich in vitamins A and C, which are important for maintaining the immune system. Only one medium persimmon contains about half the recommended daily value of vitamin A. Valuable sources of this substance are pumpkin, sweet potatoes, nuts, spinach. A lot of vitamin C in strawberries, kiwi and oranges.
5. Lean meat. It has a high content of zinc. This mineral increases the production of cells that fight infection. Alternative sources of zinc are nuts, cereals, legumes.
See ALSO: What drugs are effective against influenza, and what threat
6. Nuts. Also are a valuable source of nutrients, important for maintaining immunity. It’s like vitamin E, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids.
7. The fatty fish. It is rich in omega-s fatty acids. Due to this could improve the immune system and reduce the risk of infection of various complications. Especially useful mackerel, tuna and salmon.
8. Garlic. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Stimulates the immune system. Is a source of antioxidants.
9. Berries. Contain large amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants. Due to this, enhance the protective function of the body. Especially rich in antioxidants is blueberries. A lot of vitamin C contained in strawberries.
10. Brightly colored vegetables. Yellow, orange and green — they all contain large amounts of antioxidants that improve immunity. It is important that the diet with a combination of vegetables of different colors: each of them provides the body with different types of antioxidants.
Previously told you how to prepare an effective anti-cough tea. This drink has powerful anti-inflammatory action. Able to stimulate the immune system, relieve pain, and improving digestion. Use it improves skin condition, is good for the heart and blood vessels.