Many women have endometriosis are asymptomatic. PHOTO: independent.co.uk
Endometriosis is a pathological process in which the inner layer of the uterus grows outside its walls. About 30-40% of women with this diagnosis suffer from infertility. What causes the development of endometriosis is still unknown. However, it is believed that the tendency to it is inherited.
Basic information about endometriosis is provided healthcentral.
1. Endometriosis can develop at any age after the first menstruation. Symptoms usually subside after menopause.
2. The main symptoms of endometriosis: the presence of precipitates during the break between periods, pain during intercourse, and after him, strong menstrual cramps, abdominal pain, independent of the day of the menstrual cycle. In addition, this disease can disguise the intestinal disorder. Sometimes announces itself with pain in the lower back.
3. Confirm the presence of endometriosis with a hysteroscopy — a procedure in which through the vaginal passage into the uterine cavity introduces an optical device in the form of a thin tube. It lasts for 10-20 minutes. Is carried out using anesthesia.
See ALSO: “After the divorce, husband and I used donor sperm”
4. For the treatment of endometriosis are often prescribed birth control pills. These drugs help to regulate the menstrual cycle and to reduce the severity of symptoms. Alternatively, your doctor may suggest an intrauterine device.
5. Universal treatment of endometriosis does not exist: the substances are selected solely on an individual basis, depending on the severity of the disease and the age of the woman. In complicated cases may require laparoscopy — procedure, where through tiny incisions on the abdomen is entered the tool in the form of a thin tube.
Endometriosis does not always require surgical treatment. In many cases it is enough with conservative therapy. The stereotyped methods of treatment and 4 popular myths about women’s health debunked the surgeon.